The production of bio-energy or bio-fuel from feedstock is an opportunity as this material is not used in other applications. This means a useful source of energy would be disposed of or will go unused. There is an opportunity that exists to use waste materials in a productive and economical way. These so-call waste/opportunity fuels include the following: Crops… Read more →
- New Global Solar Capacity Outpaced Wind in 2016, IRENA Says March 31, 2017Last year marked the first time since 2013 that solar energy growth outpaced wind energy, according to a new report from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). Solar saw a record 71 GW of new capacity in 2016, while wind increased by 51 GW.
- The President’s Climate Change Executive Order: Wrong Pretense March 30, 2017The President announced on Tuesday, March 28th at the Environmental Protection Agency his new Executive Order based on protecting 75,000 US coal jobs by threatening over 3 million US clean energy jobs. Some context: According to MorningConsult The order directs officials to review the Environmental Protection Agency regulations on new and existing power plants, withdraw […]
- Trump Slams Brakes on Obama’s Climate Plan, But There’s Still a Long Road Ahead March 30, 2017Badly looking for a political win that would both fulfill some campaign promises to his political base and satisfy the demands of rank-and-file Republicans in Congress, President Trump on March 28 signed an expansive Energy Independence and Economic Growth Executive Order.
- Full Text of Presidential Executive Order on Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth March 29, 2017By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows: Section 1. Policy. (a) It is in the national interest to promote clean and safe development of our Nation's vast energy resources, while at the same time avoiding regulatory […]
- SunEdison India Assets to Help Double Greenko Capacity March 28, 2017Greenko Energy Holdings, the green power developer backed by sovereign wealth funds, expects to double its capacity in India by 2019 with the help of assets acquired during the bankruptcy of SunEdison Inc. Generation capacity should grow to about 5 gigawatts in the next two years as new projects come online and Greenko integrates 1.5 […]